Monday, May 23, 2011

The Super Dooper Survey that Will Lead to Nerdfighter Love

...Or At Least Some Type of Nerdy Soul Mate.

by: Risk(y)Business.

This is how it works:

1. Answer the questions. Post them as a comment (or somewhere public where other people can see the questions/your answers).

2. To find your match, scroll down and look for interesting answers that intrigue you/fascinate you/turn you on. Don't necessarily go for people who have the same answers as you. Go for the people that you would have good conversations with.*

3. Message that person with your own secret question**

4. See who messages you!

Easy enough! What makes this survey different from every other survey out there? The questions actually make sense. And you won't want to gag after you read them.***

*****Beginning of Survey******

[One]: Please list your most commonly used internet handle and explain it.

[Two]: You're on the site, so you probably have lots of hobbies. If you could transform one of your hobbies into a superpower, how would that turn out?

[Three]: Finish the joke: "Two pirates walk into a bar..."

[Four]: Finish the joke: "Two ninjas sneak into a bar"

[Five]: Forget the whole "best date" ever scenario. What's the most awkward situation you've ever experienced/always feared?

[Six]: What type of movie would your life be? What type of movie do you want your life to be? Why?

[Seven]: Did you ever have any embarrassing childhood obsessions? "Embarrassing," by the way, does not include Power Rangers or Captain Planet, or any other 90s TV show that 4chan really loves. "Embarrassing" would be Barney. Barbies. Face from Nick Jr. etc. You know what I'm getting at.

[Eight]: What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to online commenting?

[Nine]: Which would be worse: A long distance relationship wherein you rarely got to physically meet up with your partner, or a relationship wherein you constantly see/interact with your partner?

[Ten]: Sort of necessary. Describe your sexuality in as concrete or abstract terms as you wish.

[Eleven]: Who would win in an all out battle: Dumbledore, or Gandalf?

[Twelve]: Who would win in a Model UN tournament: Cleopatra or Elizabeth I?

[Thirteen]: Do you have any superstitious rituals that you do for good luck/bad luck?

[Fourteen]: What do you get paranoid about, late at night when you can't sleep?

[Fifteen]: If God exists, what do you want Hir to say in Heaven when you arrive?

****End Survey****

Have fun chickies! And remember, Jump Those Railroads!

xoxo,
Risk(y)

PS: Questions can still be asked from the formspring to your upper right. Additionally, I have started a *new* nerdfighter thread, which can be found here:
http://nerdfighters.ning.com/forum/topics/i-need-questions-part-2?xg_source=activity




______________
*Example: If you want a good conversation, go for someone who has the opposite answer as you for the whole "X versus X" questions.

**Secret question: The question that, after reading their answers, you most really, really want to ask. It's not an answer, it's a question, because this whole exercise is about beginning something, not ending it.

***I am so FUCKING tired of answering the question "Do you believe in love at first sight?" Seriously? WTF.

2 comments:

  1. [One]: Please list your most commonly used internet handle and explain it: "jalawood" is a combination of the name of my World of Warcraft character at the time (6th grade?) and my last name.

    [Two]: You're on the site, so you probably have lots of hobbies. If you could transform one of your hobbies into a superpower, how would that turn out? It'd be very tempting for anything I wrote to come true...as long as I could easily reverse it. We all know there's way too many things that could go wrong with that. So I'll go with my other main hobby: reading. I don't want to read things in or out of books like in Inkheart. I want to be able to "enter" the body of the main character at times of my choosing and experience everything as if it's real, while still being aware of my real self and being able to hop back into my own body at any time. Glorified reading/visualization, I guess.

    [Three]: Finish the joke: "Two pirates walk into a bar..."...and walked straight back out. Because the rum is *always* gone.

    [Four]: Finish the joke: "Two ninjas sneak into a bar" ...and that's all anybody knows.

    [Five]: Forget the whole "best date" ever scenario. What's the most awkward situation you've ever experienced/always feared?

    [Six]: What type of movie would your life be? What type of movie do you want your life to be? Why? My life's movie would be one of those might-be-based-on-a-true-story inspirational flicks. I say that incredibly arrogant statement because I'm seriously hoping to get my novel published before I get out of high school (have had one request for the complete manuscript- denied). As for what I'd _want_ it to be...same answer. Haha.

    [Seven]: Did you ever have any embarrassing childhood obsessions? "Embarrassing," by the way, does not include Power Rangers or Captain Planet, or any other 90s TV show that 4chan really loves. "Embarrassing" would be Barney. Barbies. Face from Nick Jr. etc. You know what I'm getting at.
    Um...I was a Twilight fangirl for about a year in middle school?

    [Eight]: What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to online commenting?
    "omg Charlie ur so hottt"

    [Nine]: Which would be worse: A long distance relationship wherein you rarely got to physically meet up with your partner, or a relationship wherein you constantly see/interact with your partner?
    I don't know. I really, really, don't know. There are so many pros and cons to both of them.

    [Ten]: Sort of necessary. Describe your sexuality in as concrete or abstract terms as you wish.
    Pretty straight... as far as I know.

    [Eleven]: Who would win in an all out battle: Dumbledore, or Gandalf?
    Dumbledore. Gandalf *used* to know every spell in every language. Dumbledore actually *does*.

    [Twelve]: Who would win in a Model UN tournament: Cleopatra or Elizabeth I?
    Cleopatra

    [Thirteen]: Do you have any superstitious rituals that you do for good luck/bad luck?
    I eat breakfast by the light of glowsticks on the first day of school.

    [Fourteen]: What do you get paranoid about, late at night when you can't sleep?
    Doctor Who villains (of course), and that my relationships with others are full of lies...um.

    [Fifteen]: If God exists, what do you want Hir to say in Heaven when you arrive?
    "Good try. No sarcasm intended."

    ReplyDelete
  2. [One]: "Techmage" My favorite genres of books are Sci/Fi and Fantasy, and whoever controls the technology/magic seems to have an interesting life.

    [Two]: Along the above lines, if I could be a wizard I think that would be rather keen.

    [Three]: "Two pirates walk into a bar..." they walk up to the bar and the first one shouts to the barkeep, "Arrrrr, I be a pirate, and I'll order like a pirate, loud and throaty!" The barkeep asks, "well, what do you want to drink?" "Arrrr, I be a pirate, and I'll drink like a pirate, lots o' grog!" As the barkeep prepares his drink, the first pirate picks up his barstool, then smashes it over the head of his companion, shouting, "Arrr, I be a pirate, and I'll relax like a pirate, stools are for fightin' not sittin'!" Nerviously, the barkeep returns with the grog, which the pirate throws against the wall behind the bar, shattering the tankard and shouting, "Arr, I be a pirate, and I'll be served like a pirate, from a dirty glass!" The barkeep returns with more grog, in a dirty glass, and, nearly in tears, sets it in front of the first pirate. As the first pirate takes a long pull from his drink, the room is finally quiet enough for the barkeep to, hesitantly, ask the second pirate, "and for you... sir?" "Arrr, I be the ship's accountant, milk please?"

    [Four]: "Two ninjas sneak into a bar" and kill the two pirates from the previous joke.

    [Five]: While ice skating as a kid, I fell to my back, and the shock of the fall popped the button off of my pants. After recovering said button from the ice, I spent the rest of the afternoon moving very gingerly, hoping my zipped zipper would hold my pants on (at this point in my life I was vehemently anti-belt).

    [Six]: Probably would be a rather slow moving coming of age film. If I got my choice, I guess I'd go with one of those sappy romance movies where two friends end up falling in love, for the rather shallow reason that Love Interest #1 always gets Love Interest #2 and they stay best of friends happily ever after.

    [Seven]: What is the obsession with embarrassing things? I read a couple of Babysitter's Club books when I was in elementary school, but more because I would read just about anything, and I certainly wasn't obsessed. More recently, I watched the first two seasons of Gossip Girl, not sure that counts as childhood though.

    [Eight]: SpamBots! Failing that, posts that have no more content than a "like" click on FB, for much the same reason.

    [Nine]: I'll have to go with the long distance relationship, but even that seems reasonable if there was sufficient communication.

    [Ten]: My sexuality is a flower, an eccentric tulip, kidding. Why is this sort of necessary?

    [Eleven]: Gandalf, I don't think Dumbledore would take out a fellow good wizard, but if it truly needed to be done, Gandalf could stomach the distasteful task.

    [Twelve]: Who would win in a Model UN tournament: Cleopatra or Elizabeth I? I don't know what this means.

    [Thirteen]: I try to make the first words I say each month "rabbit rabbit," family tradition.

    [Fourteen]: Living the rest of my life alone, or my unfinished homework, depending on how prosaic my thoughts are.

    [Fifteen]: I would like an explanation, of everything ideally, but most importantly what we were/are supposed to do and why.

    ReplyDelete